A state of the art Gait Analysis System allows the collection of quantitative data on the mobility of each patient. Data can be collected repeatedly through the course of a patient’s rehabilitation program to allow a quantitative assessment to be made of the patient’s progress. It is also possible to identify mild, subclinical lameness in sporting dogs to detect areas of weakness enabling early intervention and preventing worsening of previously unidentifiable injuries.
At the S.T.A.R Clinic we consider rehabilitation to be an integral part of the recovery process following illness or injury. Whether performed as an alternative to surgery (where appropriate) or as a post-surgical treatment, rehabilitation therapy is designed around each individual patient to ensure a thorough, long-lasting recovery.
The treatment modalities available at the STAR Clinic include:
– Joint and soft tissue mobilisations
– Physical therapy (exercises)
– Therapeutic ultrasound
– Transcutaneous electrical neuromuscular stimulation (TENS)
– Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES)
– Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (pEMF)
– Laser therapy
– Hydrotherapy – aquatic treadmill